Multi Award winning 5* Boutique Hotel – Sandton – Gauteng
Responsible for the overall guest experience within the hotel. The goals of the General Manager are to achieve the financial targets (including revenues and operating expenses),
ensure guest satisfaction, to motivate and lead a multi-skilled team.
4 – 5 years experience – General Management – 5* Boutique Hotels.
This will be achieved by ensuring that all the correct standards are implemented and adhered to throughout the hotel including all operating areas,
reporting principles and marketing strategies.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Hotel Degree / Diploma from an internationally recognized institution
· Professional Hospitality Degree
• Experienced in the operation of South African small 5* luxury properties with good business mix of rooms and Food & Beverage.
• Some conference and banqueting experience.
• Worked in similar boutique style property where guests’ service is maintained at the highest levels.
• Worked at General Management level, and have experience of leading a team
• A disciplined leader with excellent interpersonal skills, able to interact with team and guests.
• Can lead his team to achieve a very high level of guest service excellence.
• Understands hotel accounts and operating controls.
• Understands bedroom yield management and selling strategies
• Excellent food and beverage knowledge.
• Coordinates and directs department heads in generating forecasts, productivity analysis and manpower requirements in accordance with Company standards and levels of staffing.
• Reviews and manages the daily hotel operation.
• Prepares management information such as staff planning, sales and revenue reports.
• At all times be looking to improve profitability whilst maintaining the highest guest standards.
Salary highly R 40 000 – R 45 000 monthly.
General Manager ( On Hold )
General Manager remote leading 5* Game Lodge – Northern Botswana Concession.
World renowned luxury ecotourism company that exists to protect pristine wilderness areas and the flora and fauna.
The role is ideally suited to a General Manager with 5 – 6 years experience in Game Lodge Management in 5* remote Game Lodges & Camps,
ensuring full support required to run the camps at the highest level possible and maintain the high standards set for this prestigious Camp.
The role will also encompass management of the overall daily operational expenses, involvement in planning and management of the camp budgets.
Ensuring that the camp is maintained and run to the best interest of the staff,the management company,
the owners of the camp as well as meeting and exceeding the guest’s expectations.
Accommodation is provided.