Exclusive 5* Hotel – Gauteng
Overall management of the Spa facility at the Hotel.
- Grade 12
- Tertiary Qualification in Cosmetology, Somatology or similar
- 2 years Broad-Based Hospitality experience
- 2 year Spa Management experience
- Microsoft Package with Excel proficiency (essential)
- Friendly, neat and presentable
- Time management
- Attention to detail
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Provide input into and execute Spa business plan consistent with the annual business/marketing plan of the Hotel.
- Monitor departmental expenditures, prepare justification for budget variations, and projected increases for new projects.
- Promote and develop a team-oriented philosophy stressing the importance for providing unparalleled commitment to excellence in service.
- Ensures that all reports associated with the department are accurate and produced on time.
- Supplies relevant information to other departments to assists them in planning and running their departments.
- Maintains excellent relationships with Hotel and outside spa guests.
- Constantly assesses the training requirements of the functions as managed and implements regular training programs.
- Participate in the research, development, evaluation, and implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes.
- To ensure a competitive position in anticipation of changing guest needs within the dynamic hospitality environment.
- Stay current, knowledgeable, and abreast of the latest in industry equipment, technology, and techniques.
- Evaluate staffing levels in accordance with business demand, providing recommendations for adjustments whenever possible.
- Provide input into and execute the development, implementation, and measurement of guest service standards consistent with the Company’s Standards and brand attributes.
- Monitor, document, and notify the General Manager of any problems that may impact or jeopardize the achievement of current future departmental objectives.
- Be knowledgeable of Department and Hotel goals.
- Own all requests and complaints; resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure the guest satisfaction.
- Be knowledgeable of Hotel information to answer guest inquiries.
- Identify and report defects throughout the Hotel.
- Participate in the property’s sustainability initiative through energy conservation and the use of recycling programs and materials.
- Ensure Hotel property and equipment is properly used and maintained.
- Protect and utilize Hotel assets in a responsible and professional manner.
- Manage and monitor operational budget
- Supervise Spa staff to ensure they adhere and enforce company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and conduct performance appraisals of Spa staff in accordance with property and company guidelines.
- Is responsible for the effective operation of all Hotel systems pertaining to the operation of the Spa.
- Performs additional duties as required or as requested by Rooms Division Manager or General Manager
Salary R 22 000 including accommodation and company benefits.
Apply for this Position
World Class 5* Game Lodge – Eastern Cape.
Our client, a world renowned 5* Game Lodge is seeking a well experienced Spa Therapist.
Qualifications / Experience
• South African Citizen
• Minimum 2 years experience in 5 Star Establishments.
• CIDESCO – International Qualification essential
• CIBTAC – UK Qualification
• SAAHSP – South African Qualification, preferable
• EC – Preferable but not essential
• Must have extensive massage experience
• Africology Trained
• Experience in hosting guests at meal times would be an advantage
• English speaking • Driver’s License
Behaviours / Skills
• A passion for massage and holistic spa experience
• Computer literate and knows Excel
• Well groomed, presentable and a good sense of personal hygiene
• Experience of stock taking and stock control
• Hands on approach
• Sensitive to cultural issues/ patient with colleagues
• Excellent social and interpersonal skills
• Sense of ownership and pride for the guest experience
• Be confident in selling treatments and products
• Strive to meet targets – acute awareness of targets and budgets
• Attention to detail
• Able to interact with guests and behave appropriately
• Ability to plan and organize
• Must be self-motivated, be able to work alone and work effectively without supervision
• Realistic expectations of bush life
What you will do
• Primarily massage/holistic body treatments
• Basic Facials and other beauty treatments on a small scale i.e. waxing
• Cover each Spa in rotation with other therapists
• Be flexible and move between lodges • Ensure all treatments are charged accordingly
• Monitor and maintain the Aroma Boma standards with other therapists
• Work with the team and support where needed
• Host guests in the evenings twice in a two-week cycle
• Assist in lodge operations when not occupied with guests, includes hosting guests
• Assist any Brides on their Wedding Day, would include a bit of make-up and hair on a small scale
• Play your part in ensuring guests get the Lodge’s experience at its best
Salary R 9 000 including accommodation and company benefits.
Apply for this Position