Food & Beverage Manager.
Exclusive 5* Game Lodge – Hoedspruit – Limpopo
Manage the full Food & Beverage Department, ensuring strict stock control in the bars and the kitchen,
offering our guests superior service and producing fresh, flavorsome meals prepared in a hygienic environment
whilst ensuring minimal stock loss due to over catering, over purchasing or theft.
To facilitate everything involved in ensuring the smooth running of the department, staff rosters,
ensuring discipline is maintained, all equipment placed in their care is well maintained,
cleaned and in sound working order.
- Hospitality Management qualification required
- Minimum 5 years F/B Management experience in exclusive 5* Game Lodges required.
- Strong Managerial skills in 5* Game Lodges required.
- Highly experienced in Food & Beverage department – 5* Game Lodges / Hotels
- Excellent computer skills
Maintaining good relationships between your colleagues and subordinates, as well as being a great ambassador for our Company and our Country.
Be responsible for the set-up of conferences, events, sun-downer stops, bush dinners and breakfasts held by the lodge
and will be involved in the arrangements thereof.
To work within a strict financial budget ensuring the food cost per bed night is maintained and all other F&B requirements
for the department are within budget. Guest feedback with a target of 95% plays a critical role in the assessment of the department and employee.
To assist with general F&B requirements such as updating wine lists with newer trending wines for the other Camps, when required,
as well as sourcing and liaising with local suppliers and farmers.
To be able to work independently, self-motivated, hands-on service oriented and
ensuring accuracy is achieved in everything that is done.
Salary R 25 000 – R 30 000 including 2 bedroomed Cottage with a good sized garden & company benefits.
Apply for this Position
Front of House / Beverage Manager.
Exquisite remote 5* Game Lodge Botswana
Tertiary education – Hospitality Management diploma or degree.
4 -5 years 5* Game Lodge F.B management experience required.
Remote 5* Game Lodge experience.
Excellent Guest Relations skills needed.
- Appearance of superior beings, in terms of grooming, dress & personal conduct.
- Excellent Guest Relations & Solutions skills
- Have a Guest priority disposition.
- Willingness to change and adapt.
- Learn through monitoring and liaising, and focus on intangibles.
- Service oriented individual, with the ability to work autonomously or as a team.
- Practice relationship building, and have a human touch.
- Drive and adhere to standards, and drive the experience – never accept below par.
- Function with a sense of urgency, and ability to motivate junior teams by example
- Communicate and funnel information through all departments.
- Stock levels, Storerooms and control systems to be adhered to as per minimum standards
- Daily: Ensure that the Bar stocks is balanced every morning and all shortages accounted for. Daily Bar totals to be recorded on the RBT sheet and Bar records checked for accuracy. Daily issues of stock to ensure that the bars are stocked to the minimum standard provided. Ensuring that proper stock controls are in place to minimize the possibilities of theft. Ensuring that proper stock rotation policy is adhered to.
- Monthly: Stock takes of stores and bar to be done and orders placed as per the usages on your stock sheet sent out. Receiving of stocks on the designated Bulk delivery day. Checking of Expiry dates, short life items and proper stock rotation in the stores to minimize stock expiring. Communicating with other camps on excess stock and keeping the stock levels at an acceptable level.
- Service & Training: Ensuring that Drinks service is as per the camp minimum standards set out. Making sure that all the tools are available for the team to perform their duties to a satisfactory level. That all staff are trained to deliver exceptional service and have the product knowledge on the products they serve. Identifying training needs of teams or individuals. Communicating when training is needed from a higher level to your GM to then communicate to the training department. Being part of the process when the training department is in camp to make sure we get the best out of the sessions
Salary dependent on experience R 14 000 – R 16 000
Live in position (3 months on, 1 month off) leave cycle
Apply for this Position
Front of House / Guest Services.
Exclusive intimate Game Lodge – Sabi Sands Game Reserve – Mpumalanga
Hospitality Management qualification
4* – 5* Game Lodge / 5 * Boutique Hotel experience required
- Excellent guest liaison skills
- Have a strong eye for detail regards to all lodge rooms, service & food
- Must be able to communicate with international guests
- Be able to interact with
- Guest Check in & Guest check out
- General admin and stock control
- South African Drivers license and PDP is a bonus
- Be computer literate
- Have good organizational skills
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Hosting guests in the evening
Salary R 5 500 including accommodation, meals while on duty, uniform and laundry service.
Apply for this Position