Regional Payroll Manager.
An award-winning Collection of unique High End 6* Retreats is seeking a Regional Payroll Manager.
The Regional Payroll Manager will co-ordinate the payroll for South Africa.
This position is based in the Hospitality Collection’s Head Office in Randburg – Gauteng.
Strategically responsible for improving and streamlining processes whilst also being hands on with the operational processing of the regional payrolls.
Management of the vendors and ensuring Service Level Agreements are met. Supporting a number of group and regional projects.
• Certified Payroll Professional.
• Knowledge of South African payroll legislation and benefits experience
• At least 5 years’ experience in payroll roles in High End 5* to 6* Game Lodges or Hotel’s Chains or Groups.
• Good interpersonal skills & Demonstrable Initiative • Strong analytical skills & attention to detail • Ability to deliver responsibilities with minimum supervision
LAWS, REGULATIONS, HEALTH & SAFETY AND POLICIES
• Follows all applicable laws relating to general accounting practices and tax regulations
• Complies fully with the set financial reporting deadlines and guidelines, as outlined by the Cluster Financial Controller.
Behaviours and Skills :
• Results and standards orientated.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Has passion, pride and ambition.
• Proactive and committed to the businesses’ interests.
• Flexible manner, adapts quickly • Works under own initiative.
• Works independently and as part of a team • Strong organisational and admin skills.
• Structured approach and able to meet deadlines • Works well under pressure and naturally goes the extra mile • Gets the job done with a sense of fun.
Payroll procedures :
• Maintains payroll information by designing systems; managing the collection, calculation, and entering of data with support from HR at the respective properties
• Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes
• Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee salaries, employee and employer taxes, benefits, pension and social security contributions and compensation payments
• Pays employees by managing the production and issuance of electronic transfers to accounts department •
• Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, disability, and non-taxable wages
• Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
• Complies with local tax and legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
• Maintains payroll guidelines and controls by writing and updating policies and procedures •
Accounting and Reconciliation :
• Assist the Finance department with the posting reconciliation and analysis of the monthly payroll for the South African entities
• Posts the accounting entries in the accounting books
• Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
• Analyses payroll variances vs. budget forecast and last year
• Submit SARS and UIF reports and year end reconciliations and certificates to employees
• Deduction, reconciliation for payment by accounts to relevant suppliers
• Collation and submission of figures required for industry salary surveys Projects and Implementation
Permanent Employment (Subject to 3-month probation)
Salary R 30 000 – R 34 500
▪ A performance-based bonus scheme
▪ 50% Company Contribution on Medical Aid
▪ 50% Company Contribution on Pension Fund