Financial Controller. ( On Hold )
World Class 5* Game Lodge – Mpumalanga
To lead a team responsible for managing the day to day financial administration of the lodge.
– Ensure accurate completion of the month-end workbooks
– Ensure the correct completion of all daily banking, ensuring that all payments received are allocated and posted correctly
– Ensure that all departmental invoices are batched correctly and sent to the Support Office for payment on the correct dates.
– Ensure that all Debtors accounts are managed within STO agreement terms and late payments are followed up on.
– Ensure that Debtors Age Analysis reports are produced accurately for each month end and sent for payment.
– Ensure that all open balances are reported and followed up on a weekly basis.
– Checking and signing off Petty Cash.
– Ensure monthly gratuities are correctly allocated, signed off, summarized and forwarded to the payroll office at month end.
– In conjunction with the General Manager and senior management, assist in the compilation of budgets, development of programs,
schedules and objectives which will enable the efficient and accurate running of month end procedures, reconciliation of all admin processes and reporting.
– Together with the General Manager, interpret, understand and explain the financial accounts and reports of the property.
– Compile variance reports on all overspends on budgets.
– Compile mid-month and month end financial reports and highlight variances, discrepancies and/or changes in policy or strategy.
– Maintain and update the lodge Daily Revenue Report and follow up on any errors.
– Compile Financial checklists and manuals, provide training and ensure that the procedures are being adhered to.
– Support HOD team with Month end and financial questions
– Be available and actively involved in the year-end audit of the assigned properties.
– Oversee and assume responsibility for the effective operation of the Property Management System
-Monitor and spot check stock control, operating equipment and orders/purchases for all departments,
assisting the HODs to avoid overspend, and to create and maintain par levels and order procedures.
-Ensure that stock and equipment inventories are maintained, and inventory records being kept.
-Monitor and control sales, expenses and profit goals as outlined in the departments’ operating plans and budgets.
-Ensure all inventory and stock management systems are maintained accurately, within the agreed parameters and in a timely manner.
-Ensure that company COS standards are being met
-Ensure that all necessary stock takes are performed timely and accurately.
-Ensure that COS, margin percentages and mark-ups on goods are done as outlined in the budgets.
Salary R 17 000 negotiable including accommodation and company benefits.