General Manager / CEO – 6* Estate – Private Game Reserve – Eastern Cape.
World Class 6* Game Lodges situated in a 22 000 ha Private Game Reserve – Jansenville in the Eastern Cape.
We are looking for a Top Notch, highly experienced & qualified world class 6* Game Lodge CEO / General Manager to direct and manage the Reserve & Game Lodges business activities
and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs.
General Manager responsibilities:
General Manager requirements:
Salary R 120 000 – R 130 000 monthly – highly negotiable – 10 % profit share – including family accommodation and company benefits.
General Manager remote leading 5* Game Lodge Camp – Okavango Delta – the Northern Botswana Concession.
World renowned luxury ecotourism company that exists to protect pristine wilderness areas and the flora and fauna.
The role is ideally suited to a General Manager with 5 years experience in Game Lodge Management in 5* remote Game Lodges & Camps,
ensuring full support required to run the camps at the highest level possible and maintain the high standards set for this prestigious Camp.
The role will also encompass management of the overall daily operational expenses, involvement in planning and management of the camp budgets.
Ensuring that the camp is maintained and run to the best interest of the staff,the management company,
the owners of the camp as well as meeting and exceeding the guest’s expectations.
Accommodation is provided.
World Class 6* Game Lodge Manager – 6* Estate – Private Game Reserve – Eastern Cape.
6* Game Lodges situated in a 22 000 ha Private Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape.
To manage 3 new World Class 6* Game Lodges.
Our Client is seeking a highly experienced and qualified TOP notch Game Lodge Manager who has worked at highly prestigious and world class 5* Game Lodges
Excellent Guest Relations skills are required.
Hospitality Management qualification required
5 – 6 years World Class 6* Game Lodge experience needed at the most prestigious Game Lodges in Southern Africa.
to be able to communicate on all levels.
Proven experience in managing three 5* properties, assets and staff compliment.
Proven leadership skills, specifically in managing diverse management teams.
Proven record of outstanding staff relations.
Salary R 50 000 – R 75 000 highly negotiable. Including accommodation & company benefits.
Exclusive 5* Game Lodge – Waterberg – Limpopo Province
The Camp Manager supports the Lodge Manager and enables the lodge to provide efficient guest service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all our guests.
A high level of focus on Guest Experience and staff management of the Guest Relations team. A focus also will be on the Administration and Inventory Control of the lodge.
Key Focus Areas :
• Deliver friendly, efficient Guest Service;
• Ensure Front Desk complete administration accurately and according to standard operating procedures;
• Fill-in as the Lodge Manager when required;
• Liaise with Guests and maintain effective communication;
• Ensure Lodge Guest experience levels are met and maintained consistently;
• Ensure Front of House staff are familiar with emergency services and procedures;
• Chair daily operational meetings in conjunction with Lodge Managers;
• Deliver training to staff and work with HR to ensure development and well-being of staff;
• Compile Lodge month end reports; • Manage and control inventory stock counting/ inventory accuracy checks.
Requirements – Qualifications and Skills :
• Degree/Diploma in Hospitality Management.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
• Previous 5* experience essential
• Strong F&B experience
• Administration and Financial controlling competence
• Excellent knowledge of overall hospitality operations
• Valid code 08 driver’s license • MS Office Suite
Salary highly negotiable. Including accommodation & company benefits.
Game Lodge Manager.
Exquisite 5* Game Lodge Limpopo Province
Prior experience required in similar LODGE MANAGEMENT position
Good command of the English language
Proven skills & track record in Front of House or F&B management, or both
Well-spoken and presentable
Be guest-centric ensuring great experiences
Innovative and creative
To drive hospitality at the Lodge to new levels
Must be experienced in managing, training, cost control and have strong administrative skills
Relationship building, with staff, guests, the community, the industry (agents and other lodges)
Strong leader who has been in charge of employees before
Formal hospitality degree/diploma preferable – Lateral thinking ability
Must be able to cope under pressure to meet guests needs
Good interpersonal skills and communication with staff and guests
Attention to detail
Diligence and self-motivation to meet deadlines
Willingness/ability to share information and teach and inspire others
Computer and financial skill
Effective leadership & management skills
Plan and manage lodge operations effectively
Drive the broader goals of the group as required by Head Office
Knowledge of OPERA Systems required
Knowledge of Game Reserve Operations required
Able to handle pressure & difficult situations if required
Able to multi task & deliver as required in accordance with company standards
Adherence to all company practices – Leading, training and motivating the team
Drive the lodge’s quality plan and implement all required standards LEVEL Management
SALARY R 20 000 negotiable – 13% Provident – forms part of CTC package (compulsory membership).
Live In Position & Meals provided on duty
High End – World Class 5* Game Lodge Mpumalanga.
4 – 5 years Assistant Lodge Management experience required.
Hotel school qualification
4 years’ work experience
Similar experience in a 5 star environment
Exceptional knowledge of Food and Beverage, in particular wine, cigars and cheese
Experience of Stock controls and management of month to month stock take
Excellent attention to detail
Exceptional communication skills in English
Financial management skills
Management experience of junior staff
Be in possession of a valid South African work permit
Relieves the Assistant Lodge Manager during cycle leave
Manage day to day operations
Coordination of service, wine tastings, functions etc
Managing stock, breakages
Manage staff in terms of discipline and service
Check ins and outs
Salary highly negotiable including accommodation and company benefits.
Guest Services Supervisor.
World Class 5* Game Lodge Sabi Sands Game Reserve Mpumalanga
Qualifications / Experience
• South African Citizen
• Preferably 2 years experience in 5 Star Establishments
• Hotel or Tourism School (or similar qualifications)
• Hosting experience ie. maître, waiter, barman
• Wine knowledge (not essential)
• English speaking, fluent in written English
• Driver’s License essential
Behaviours / Skills
• A passion for people and making conversation
• Basic Computer Knowledge
• Experience of stock taking and stock control
• Good Organizational skills • Hands on approach
• Willing to work long hours
• Good communicator
• Anticipating guests needs and facilitating the small touches that enhance the guest experience
• Sensitive to cultural issues/ patient with colleagues
• Excellent social and interpersonal skills
• Sense of ownership and pride for the guest experience
• Attention to detail
• Flexible attitude and willing to take on tasks as necessary
• Able to interact with guests and behave appropriately
• Highly sociable and confident when meeting new people and able to entertain / host
• Ability to plan and organize
• A sense of fun and understanding of the Virgin way of doing things
• Realistic expectations of bush life
• Well groomed and a good sense of personal hygiene
• Primarily hosting and guest interaction
• Maintain hosting standards
• Be present at all times in the guest areas
• Serve drinks at the bar
• Set up bush functions from time to time
• Liaise between lodges about guest movements
• Work with the team and plan duties together, support where needed
• Be flexible and move between lodges
• Assist in lodge operations when not occupied with guests
Salary Highly negotiable including accommodation
Basic monthly salary market related
• Live-in basic furnished accommodation
• Individual gratuities left by guests
• 1% Company Revenue Gratuity
• 50% Company Contribution on Medical Aid
• 50% Company Contribution on Virgin Pension Fund
• 20 Bed nights for family and friends annually at R500 p/p/p/night
• Uniform provided