Sales Manager – Field Guide Academy
Highly reputable and acclaimed Field Guide Training Academy – Head Office Randburg.
The Sales Manager is responsible for attracting new business opportunities for the company,
and dealing directly with potential students, negotiating contracts with agents, and developing the product.
Key Focus Areas
• Key Agent Account management (local and international);
• Building and maintaining long lasting relationships by understanding client needs and trying to satisfy them without compromising company profits;
• Establish business opportunities;
• Researching and analyzing sales options;
• Scheduling of new strategic appointments, product training, lead follow up;
• Liaise with FGASA to obtain possible leads;
• Liaising with career advisors at education institutions showcasing the offerings to post graduate students;
• Point of contact for all new leads and driving the reservation/booking process;
• Liaising and dealing with students and ensuring the reservation process is efficient and Informative;
• Following up on Group bookings i.e. the American adventure groups;
• Identifying product improvements or new products by remaining up to date on industry trends, Market activities, and competitors;
• Developing an annual sales & marketing plan.
• Preparing and presentation of Marketing & Sales presentations to current and prospective clients;
• Running the company’s website and ensuring it is relevant and up to date;
• Marketing for prospective students via various social media and traditional platforms;
• Attending career indabas;
• Hosting initial Johannesburg intake meeting with the assigned college operations person and handing the students over;
• Resolving student problems and complaints in conjunction with college operations;
• International and Domestic travel;
• Achieving targeted student booking numbers and revenue budgets; • Commenting on monthly financial reports;
• Setting course pricing in line with the competitor set;
• Maintaining expenditure budget and saving costs where possible
• Maintaining a database and records of sales generated, monthly reports to be produced in this regard.
• Keeping record of the source of all bookings to target the most productive channels.
Requirements – Qualifications and Skills
• Grade 12
• Degree/Diploma in Sales & Marketing (advantageous);
• A background in the safari lodge industry ;
• Min 5 years’ experience in Sales & Marketing;
• MS Office Suite;
• Proven track record of having made targets;
• Valid Code 08 drivers license and own reliable transport;
• Product and market knowledge.
Salary R 25 000 including company benefits.