Proven record of outstanding staff relations.
Salary R 25 000 negotiable including accommodation.
50% Medical aid contribution
Contribution based on Company pre-approved medical aid scheme / plans
Public holiday remuneration
Bed night benefits
Discount allowed on beverages & boutique
Exclusive 5* Game Lodge Western Cape
Chef’s qualification with further 4 – 5 years Exec / Head Chef experience in 5* Boutique Hotels and Game Lodges
Game Lodge experience an absolute requirement
A La Carte menu knowledge essential
All basic Exec Chef attributes essential – Stock control, menu planning, HR, Purchasing.
Must be able to manage multiple accommodation at the same time; In charge of 3 lodge kitchens
Proven record of outstanding staff relations.
Remote 5* Game Lodge experience essential.
This role of the Exec Chef is extremely guest orientated.
The Executive Chef ensures the efficient and smooth operation and management of the Game Lodge’s kitchens.
Ongoing staff Training.
Administration, orders, month end & Stock control.
Excellent guest Relation skills required
Must be able to work weekends and public holidays
Look after a crew of 22 staff
Weekly Days Off
Will Report directly to General Manger, and the Lodge Manager
Salary R 25 000 – Monthly -Live In Position
World Class 5* Game Lodge Sabi Sands Game Reserve – Mpumalanga
Experience in the 5* hospitality field
Chef School (or similar qualifications)
Qualification or experience in training
Management of the kitchen and scullery departments,
maintain a distinctive, high quality Pan-African style of cuisine with seasonal, local ingredients
Monitor standards and carry out training as required
Experienced in kitchen service and staff management
English speaking • Driver’s License essential
Passion for food and cooking
An eye for detail and presentation
experience of 5 Star cuisine
Computer literate & planning and organizational skills
Experience of stock control and food portioning
Understanding of cost controls and budget lines
Hands on approach
Sensitive to cultural issues/ patient with team members
Ability to provide strong and supportive leadership to kitchen & scullery team
Excellent social and interpersonal skills
Ensure effective menu planning
Confidence in explaining dinner menu in front of guests
Sense of ownership and pride for the guest experience
Flexible attitude and willing to take on tasks as necessary
Able to interact with guests and behave appropriately
Salary highly negotiable, individual gratuities, including accommodation
Exquisite 5* Game Lodge – Madikwe Game Reserve
Our client seeks a talented Head Chef with experience designing and preparing high-end cuisine.
Tertiary Chef’s qualification.
4 years 5* Game Lodge experience required.
We’re looking for a creative individual who is willing to participate in creating seasonal menus and designing new dishes.
The successful candidate will be in control of the Game Lodge’s kitchen
To be dedicated to food quality and sets high standards for their output.
Thorough knowledge of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
Knowledge of best practices for training kitchen staff and implementing kitchen procedures
High level of creativity and reliability
Familiarity with menu costing procedures
Effective menu planning
Stable, reputable work history with written and contactable references.
Salary R 18 000 including accommodation
Senior Sous Chef
World Class 5* Game Lodge – Sabi Sands – Mpumalanga
The core function of the Senior Sous chef is the management of the lodge kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
Skills & Experience
• A minimum of 5 years management experience in a medium sized kitchen
• International experience in a similar 5 star establishment
• Experience in fine dining and a la carte service
• Ability to produce innovative and modern dishes to the highest of standards
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable
• Excellent understanding of kitchen procedure and timing requirements
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Working knowledge of Health, Safety and hygiene practices
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with the Game Lodge.
• A natural relationship builder
• A mature approach to life in general
• Passionate about the business and detail
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed
• Comfortable assuming ownership for their role in the business
• Passionate about sustainability and “giving back”
• Works comfortably under pressure
Work style and approach
• Curious and passionate about our industry,
• A collaborative working style
• Has a flexible approach
• Has a sophisticated approach to communicating via the various channels
• A quick learner
• Supervision and training of kitchen brigade
• Preparation of food in line with Company Excellence
• Guest interaction to enrich guest satisfaction
• Management of staff canteens
• Administration of orders & stock control to minimize shortages and wastage
• Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen is of the highest standard
• Correct use and maintenance of kitchen equipment
• Maintaining fridges and stores and maintaining stock rotation standards
• Communication with kitchen and lodge front of house staff to ensure the smooth running of the department
Salary highly negotiable including accommodation and company benefits